Rabid Jelly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Technology - how do you feel about it?

2 posters

Go down

Technology - how do you feel about it? Empty Technology - how do you feel about it?

Post  Siren Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:07 am

I personally have a love/hate relationship with technology.

I love it for all of the obvious benefits, but then there are so many drawbacks...

Do you feel today's society is becoming more "stupid" in how they talk? For example: kids who can barely write essays and instead use chatspeak in their work?

What about people who prefer to text/IM rather than meet up face to face?

I am reminded very often of this video:

Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Technology - how do you feel about it? Empty Re: Technology - how do you feel about it?

Post  Shadow Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:44 am

I agree with your "love/hate relationship". I only got texting about six months ago, and I'm actually typing out grammatically correct senteces when texting someone. Personally, it really irritates me when people text like they're too lazy to spell out the whole word, and I agree with your statement that it seems teenagers are growing stupider because they text so much.

And honestly...I think technology is going to take over the world. Robots and such, if you will. Has anyone seen I Robot? Perfect examples right there.

I watched the video and even though I agree that it's weird that "thou" and "thine" aren't used anymore and it scares me, I definately don't want "kinda" and "cuz" becoming grammatically correct. I hear my classmates texting away in class and it irritates me SO MUCH. Especially when they complain about how bad their grade is in that class.
Shadow
Shadow
Owner

https://rabidjelly.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum